Saturday, May 19, 2018

More Ponderings

I've been deep in thought lately. I think that comes with my age. Okay, well, moreso at this age. I've always pondered life, but it seems I'm in a deep season of pondering now. I thought I'd share some of them, so if you wanna read, cool. If not, cool. *grin* As always this is more for me than for you.

We had our Field Day yesterday, and through the course of the day, I saw all the kids at my school. In the morning I led a game in the gym, "Clean Your Room". It was fun to see the kids play. In the afternoon I was on popsicle and water duty. So in the morning I saw all the little kids and in the afternoon I saw all the big kids. I don't know all of them, but I know many of them. It was fun. *grin*

As I watched kids, I pondered how we don't control the human frame we're in. You get what you get. (And you don't throw a fit! I know you had to finish it, right?)

I truly believe that God gives each of us the frame to live life this side of Heaven. Sometimes that means people have physical beauty while others are "average". Or perhaps people are given unique physical qualities that others don't have, and we need all of those differences. We need everyone as they are, not trying to be like everyone else.

I watched those kids yesterday, all trying to figure out where they fit in and how to navigate their place in this world.

Some kids are not kind to the others around them.

Other kids, well, they kinda blew me away in a good way.

There's a kid that blesses my heart and I don't even have him in my classroom. He is just a fun-loving kid, that is sometimes misunderstood. I absolutely adore the kid. So, I watched him while he played. The rule I had was that they could only hold one ball at a time. This kid, he would pick up two and give one to a friend. Every. Single. Time. It blessed me more than that little guy will ever know. I told his teacher before they left, because I wanted that kid to know that he's noticed. He matters. The good in his life is seen, not just the bad. At our recent Art and Writing Celebration, I saw the parent and let her know how much I adore her son. She teared up.

We all need that.

We all need someone to remind us we matter.

At the end of the day I was in my classroom when I heard the teacher tell another teacher how well that kid had done and how he had shared balls with other kids.

I smiled.

That teacher didn't see it. She went off my word.

I smiled.

Seems to me that little dude knows more about life than some adults do. Sad, but true.

I am down to 4.5 school days left.

I'm expecting an emotional week, but in a good way. I am still waiting to see what God has for me next, but plan to be present completely in these last few days. Totally.

19 years as an educator.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: