Friday, October 12, 2018

"There Are Friends Everywhere"

I remember in my first teaching job, I got to know A LOT of amazing people. One of them, Jill, said a few quotes that I have held onto during various parts of my life. I doubt she even knows what they did for me, as she was just being Jill. *grin* The quote? We were talking about moving, and she said, "Oh, there are friends everywhere." I didn't think much of it at the time, but I was reminded of that today.

Over the past three weeks, I've continued to build relationships at my new job. I'll openly admit that when I resigned at my former job, I kept battling the thought, "You have to start all over with friendships." That petrified me, to be honest. At the same time, this year has been a series of working for my faith to be bigger than my fears. Thankfully, I've prayed through this to get to where I am. *grin*

See, the past three weeks I've been so busy that I haven't had time to blog. I mean that in a FUN way! I have gone to work, gotten home and changed, and then have attended social events. It's been SO MUCH FUN! I didn't do anything like that last school year because I was always working. Now, I have freedom and am enjoying it.

I'm building friendships. Church. Work. Bible Study. Everywhere.

I remember thinking the second week of my job that relationships take time, and how I hated that. It's hard to be the new kid in a company that you're learning the ropes. However, almost three months in, and I KNOW I'm where I'm to be for now.

Today we had our "open house" for our Kansas office. Meaning, everyone came and spent time sharing with various people about our company. In between people coming in, I got to know more of my co-workers. I have to say, I LOVE each of the people I work with on a daily basis. My favorite part of today was LAUGHTER! There was so much laughter that I remembered Jill's quote, and she's right. Everywhere you go, there are friends.

I'm so very glad that I stepped out and followed His leading to take this job. *grin* I remember looking around at the staff I was on in May, and how a part of me didn't want to leave that staff. I dreaded having to learn a new whole staff.

Now? I can't imagine life without my new friends. *grin* I am blessed. Totally.

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD! *grin*

No comments: