Sunday, December 16, 2018

5 Days Away *grin*

I have spent the past few weeks on Christmas Cards, and I'm almost done. *grin* That's always bittersweet to me, as I legitimately love doing cards for people. So, I thought I'd take a moment and share some fun things from my little corner of the world. *grin*

Last Tuesday we took a field trip *giggle* to learn the public bus system. I had never stepped foot on a RideKC bus prior to last week. I am not above it by any means, I've just always had my own car. So, the gal in charge of the Blind & Low Vision Experience (who is completely blind) took us on a bus ride to the plaza where we ate lunch. I am still taken aback from time to time about being out during the school day. It's like it is Summer everyday, even though it's not. What can I say? 19 years of school schedule living throws a gal a little. *giggle*

Oh, back to the bus. There were 5 of us on the trip, and four of us knew nothing about how it worked. *grin* The bus drivers were patient with us, and our guide did a fabulous job. There will be a part two in the Spring, when we'll do a little further ride. By the way, RideKC is a simple bus system. I remember thinking it was probably confusing before I went on the ride, now I know it's not difficult. *grin* I highly recommend it!

On Thursday we had our monthly staff meeting which was actually a Christmas celebration. I had been somewhat sad that I wouldn't be at school for the assembly before break where the kids sing Silent Night. Well, we ended our sing along at TWP with Silent Night and I smiled. I looked around the room during our sing along and thanked God for my new family. I miss my students from last school year, but I know I'm where I'm supposed to be and I'm happy. I've spent a lot of time pondering this year, and I'm so very thankful for each person at TWP. *grin* I'm home.

On Friday I finished my first solo class at TWP. The kids gave me a "Thank You" Banner. I gave them each a card and a TWP stress ball. *grin* I will miss those kids. The coordinator already asked me if I can come back next fall. *grin* I told her I couldn't promise that, but I would try. *grin*

So here I sit, five work days away from break. I am off Friday at 5-ish through January 2. Yes, it's PAID time off. *grin* I'm ready for a break. One week from tonight I won't set an alarm. I kinda like that. *grin*

Thanks for reading the blog tonight. As always, this is more for me than for you, but, it blesses me when people stop to read my ramblings. *grin* Five work days until break. I can do it, and honestly, I'll have fun this week. We have several events this week that will be tons of fun. I love my new job. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD!

No comments: