Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas JOY

I feel like some days are so full of love & joy that it's worth blogging to remember. Some people blog to entertain people, and I blog to remember the highs and lows in life. Today was one of those days that made me smile from start to finish. *grin*

The morning was full of laughter and talking. Yes, I got a little work done (my class canceled, so that gave me some desk work time), but everyone was so excited about the holiday luncheon the we talked more than we worked. Okay, some of us did. I don't want you to think EVERYONE did that. It was far from that. However, I remember thinking at one point this morning how FUN the culture is at TWP. People truly care about each other. I love it. We cared about each other at my previous job, but we didn't have as much fun at work. I smiled a lot today. Truly! *grin*

At noon we had our luncheon. During the meal there was an ugly Christmas sweater contest, which was funny. (I don't own an ugly Christmas sweater, so I just watched.) *grin* I also enjoyed the meal time, as I got to know some people that I don't normally see. It was fun. Afterward we had Sneaky Santa Reveal. I didn't guess the right person, but gosh it was fun to play a game and see who knows whom the most. *grin* We laughed A LOT and had a lot of fun. Words cannot describe how big my smile was by the end of it. *grin* I smiled more about the relationships than the gifts I received. Don't get me wrong, I loved what I received, but, it was even cooler to realize how much I adore the people I am living life with in this chapter. Truly.

After work we had a fundraiser at a store not far from the office. I went and shopped (for the most part my shopping is done) and bought a couple things. I had so much fun talking to people and seeing what people were buying. I had fun chatting with people there too. We didn't have anyone from my department there, so it was fun to get to know other people better.

My daymaker came from someone at the fundraiser who said I was her greatest gift in 2018. I smiled and have been pondering that ever since she said that. See, I remember sitting in the gym that last school day in May and wondering how well I would fit in wherever I was headed. Fear holds so many people back, and honestly held me back for a little while in that last chapter of my life. However, He reminded me today that I am right here I am supposed to be for now. *grin*

TWP was my greatest gift in 2018. Every person who is there is kind & supportive. Laughter is something you hear a lot throughout the office. And honestly, support is unconditional & present on a daily basis. For as much as I wanted to stay where I was, I'm so glad I took a step of faith and moved forward.

Sometimes our greatest blessings come when we least expect it. That's how today was for me. My day was full of laughter & love.

T.W.P. is my biggest blessing this year. I'm home. *grin*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: