Wednesday, February 20, 2019

National Love Your Pet Day

I was scrolling through social media this morning and saw that it's National Love Your Pet Day. I chuckled.

I love that we now live in a society where we have a lot of random, small holidays. Meaning, no gifts given, just fun things to celebrate. And, Jay is always worth celebrating! *giggle*

So, I haven't posted this on social media until now because I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I know, you're thinking, that transition doesn't make sense. Hang with me, it will. I promise.

So last week Jay started showing some unusual behaviors. The main one is that I would wake up in the morning and go to the kitchen to let him outside, and there was urine on my kitchen floor. This is very unusual for him, and he was scared to death when I made the connection between liquid and pee. (slippers have been washed a few times) Fortunately, my friend at work suggested I call my vet when I told her about it. Turns out, that saved his life. *grin*

I called the vet and made an appointment for Friday Morning. I honestly expected to be told he has a bladder infection and leave with medication for him. I was wrong.

It was a blizzard outside when we headed to the vet Friday and I carried him inside because they wanted him to have a full bladder. After some discussion and letting him have an examination, the vet gave him back to me and shared the news. Long explanation into one sentence: the vet felt that it could be Cancer due to the exam. I held it together through the conversation, and made an appointment for Monday for his biopsy.

I was on the verge of tears all day Friday. I did cry some after I initially got home, but gosh Jay was pretty content, so I didn't cry all day. *grin* So, I stayed home with him Friday instead of going to work. I will admit, the blizzard also made it easy to stay in.

Over the course of the weekend, he increasingly had to go outdoors. He also didn't take time to find the perfect place to pee. He took two steps outside and would pee right away. He also cuddled with me more than usual. By the end of Sunday I was glad we were headed to the vet on Monday morning at 8am for his biopsy.

Monday felt like the longest day of my life. He had surgery right away, and she said I'd know how he was doing between 12 and 1pm. It was 2pm when she called. I will admit that 1-2pm felt longer than one hour, but it was GOOD NEWS!!!

Turns out he had bladder stones! While I felt badly that he had stones, I was so glad it wasn't Cancer!!! *grin*

The vet called this morning to tell me he's doing well. He had to stay and be monitored because of the extra incision they did due to the stones.

The vet literally said that if it hadn't been caught when it was that he would have died. *gulp*

So, while it's slightly weird to be home without him, it's okay because he's almost ready to come home. Assuming things go well tomorrow I can get him tomorrow after work! Ahhhhhhhh! I can't wait! *grin*

I'm not naive, I know I'll outlive him, but am so glad it's not this week! *grin*

So, on National Love Your Pet Day, Jay is celebrated! I didn't see him today, true, but he's on the mend to come home. *grin*

I didn't post this before now simply because I wanted to see what he had first. I want to say "Thanks" to the few people who supported me throughout the weekend. Once again I've been reminded that I'm single but NOT alone. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: