Saturday, March 09, 2019

Jay Update

Several people have inquired as to how Jay is doing. *grin*

I sit here tonight with a huge smile on my face. One week ago I started a gazillion attempts to blog and couldn't. I didn't know what was going to happen to my little buddy, and I couldn't even let my mind go through the various scenarios of what could possibly go wrong. Tonight, I have good news.

After spending a week at the vet due to an inability to pee without difficulty, we have a happy little Jay back! *grin*

Jay came home on Monday and had stitches & staples removed on Wednesday. They sent us home cone-free! *grin*

Okay, they sent us home WITH the cone, but, he doesn't have to wear it all the time! *grin*

I got him home and he was licking the area from the surgery that still needs to heal. Thanks to a dear friend at work giving me suggestions, I am keeping him in the cone when I can't keep an eye on him and while I sleep. Fortunately, he doesn't mind the cone. He had adjusted to life with it, which makes me smile.

At this moment, he's asleep on the couch without the cone on. If he's near me, and I'm watching him, I let him take a break from the cone.

In middle February when all of this started, I didn't know what the adventure was going to bring or what he would need.

I can honestly say, we're both INCREDIBLY happy to be together again. I think I ran the gambit of emotions during it all, but am loving this little guy with an appreciation of his life in a new way.

I know that mathematically I will outlive him. I'm okay with that.

I'm just glad it isn't now. *giggle*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

Thanks to all of those who have supported us during this season. Your love has been noticed & felt. Deeply

No comments: