Thursday, April 25, 2019

Random Thoughts

I have started to blog quite a few times in the past few weeks, and found that my emotions were in a place where it would be healthy to publish. After some pondering, I thought it was time to post some random thoughts. I find myself thinking, "If I don't blog, I'll forget this a year from now." Yes, it's true, I blog more for me than for you. I mean, I'm glad when someone says they read the blog, but years from now I won't think, "I had a gazillion followers" I will think, "I want to remember about...." See, it's for me, you're just an added bonus as a reader. *giggle*

Today I have a ton of random thoughts. I think that's healthy, as we've had A LOT happen in our world that I have thoughts about. Some good, some character-building, but all worth remembering. Even in the hard times, there are lessons to be learned.

We recently had the twenty-year mark anniversary of the Columbine massacre. I remember sitting in my dorm room 20 years ago and watched the coverage. I also remember thinking, "Do I really want to teach?" Of course, I didn't let fear take over, and taught. My heart aches for families that have lost love ones in shootings. I saw the mother of one of the Columbine Shooters do a Ted-Talk about her son who was a shooter. She had no idea! I've watched it several times. It's quite a society today, with shooters in various aspects of our world. My heart breaks for people affected by random acts of violence. Gobs of shootings. Innocent lives lost. Heaven must be full of incredibly special people. I mean, they were taken so fast, I'm sure there's a special place for those innocent people. We'll never know this side of Heaven, but it's nice to think that. *grin*

I am still loving my job. My favorite part is that I don't have homework. Ever. I'm not in this job forever, but it's perfect for this season. I needed something new. I've been deep in thought about it, as it was a year ago I was spending hours online trying to find a job. I remember aching inside because I worked with some AMAZING people at the school I was at. Of course, God knew where I was headed. I now have some AMAZINGLY FUN co-workers. I can't imagine my world without these people in it now. Lunch is the highlight of my day everyday. We laugh often, and it's just fun. My friend Jill was right, there are friends everywhere you go. I would add, you just have to give relationships time to grow. I'm a blessed gal for sure. *grin*

I recently went to a family reunion, a Camp Barnabas reunion. *grin* I was a little nervous with the leadership change, but it still felt like a family reunion. One particular moment that I want to remember was pulling up to camp, and Mike telling me I was staying in the Wellhouse for the weekend. He also warned me not to get used to it. I laughed. Let me tell you, I didn't feel I was sleeping at camp. I felt like I was in a hotel. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the normal living quarters for the adults, as we are blessed under the dining hall. However, to not have sounds above me during FOB and a shower attached to the room, well it was fun for a weekend! *grin* I also served in an amazing cabin. One particular camper in my cabin is non-verbal and I can't even tell you why we connected. But we did! It was precious! And of course, I was in Ronni's cabin. The whole weekend was tons of fun. Above all, my cabin was incredible and it was one of those cabins that would have been fun for an entire week. I loved it! Each of those young ladies blessed me in their own way. Legit. Of course, it makes me ache for Summer Camp! *grin* It's around the corner. *grin*

So I guess that's all my ramblings for now. I have several other things rambling in my head, but it's time to get ready to crash. Tomorrow is Friday! Woohoo! *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: