Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Lessons in Moving

It's been a while, too long really, since I've been on here. I honestly think daily about blogging, but I've been a little busy. See, I moved.

After ten years in the townhome I adored, I moved to an apartment closer to work. Honestly, I really, really like my new place. I typically avoid change, but have felt good throughout this whole process. I knew it was time. I was right too.

The move itself was hard. I cleaned out a lot before I moved, but honestly not enough. Ten years in my townhome allowed me to accumulate a lot of stuff. Two spare bedrooms allowed me to accumulate things without realizing it. It's been healthy though, as I've cleaned things out it has felt good to let things go.

I was a little overwhelmed when I first got all my stuff in here, I'm not going to lie. However, I've spent the past two (almost 3) weeks doing two or three boxes per night. I have made one trip to Goodwill with a full car of stuff to donate, and I've also done two trips to the recycling center. I have coats and shoes that will go out Friday too. *grin* My prayer is that I will have a clutter-free home when I'm done. Legit. *giggle* It may take a few more weeks, but I'm on a mission.*GRIN*

Jay wasn't sure of the new place at first. Now we're in a routine and he honestly is loving having new things to sniff when we walk after work. I love it too, as it's new scenery, and we haven't really even explored very far. *giggle* It's fun though. Tons of fun!

I've learned a lot through this process, and the biggest word that I keep thinking on is "healthy". I know I won't have a perfect apartment, but gosh I want it to be a healthy one. I want people to come over and not be embarrassed by my stuff. I want to be proud of my home.

And it's getting there.

Step by step.

Box by box.

I think I'm going to go crash. Moving & unpacking is more exhausting than I recall. Even when it's the right thing to do. *giggle*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!


No comments: