Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID-19 HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY

In the midst of this COVID Chapter in our lives I am trying to see the positives. Today I had a couple.

First off, I will get to work from home starting Tuesday. I am so glad, as the stress of being out in the general population right now wears me out. We had a mandatory stay at home order issued yesterday, which means that starting Tuesday at 12:00am, we are to stay at home. There are exceptions, we can leave for necessities, but the logic is that we will slow the virus down. Looking forward to no rush hour drive, gas expenses, or the stress in this season. *grin*

The even bigger highlight though, happened late this afternoon. A parent of one our Precious Stones students asked me if we could FaceTime because her daughter was struggling today. I told her to wait a moment, as I was still in pjs and wanted to put a hat on. *grin* Turned out FaceTime didn't work on her end, so we simply had a conversation on the phone like in the old days. *giggle* That young lady made me laugh a lot and reminded me how much I love kids. *grin* We hung up and I sent her a short video because she wanted to see me. I sent it to her and her Mom replied and said at the end of the video she said, "I love you" to me. I plan on sending a video at the end of each workday.

That chat made me really think about the challenges these kids are facing. I'm processing & praying through it, and I can't imagine the kid's perspectives. They are not returning to school tomorrow, they are at home for the foreseeable future. I'm now praying differently. These kids will get through it, we all will, by keeping a distance and washing our hands. *grin*

So if you're a parent of a former student (or current Precious Stones student) and they need to talk or FaceTime, please know that I'm willing to do that. I will still be working 8:30-5, but, in the evenings I'm here. Once a young person is in my class (or even attended the school but wasn't in my class) they are my student for life and I'd love to help any young person through this season to the best of my ability. *grin*

I know we can't be close in proximity, but we can help take care of each other from a distance.

So that one phone call was the best part of my day.

Let's try to share the highlights in the midst of these challenges. We can get through this together.

*grin*
LIFE IS GOOD.
Even from home. *grin*

No comments: