Saturday, March 21, 2020

FAITH OVER FEAR-COVID 19

So, here I am again, writing. I'm enjoying the writing again, but admittedly, I do wish it was under other circumstances. Alas, He can use anything to draw me back to writing. *grin*

So this afternoon while I was watching Incredibles 2, I checked my phone and saw that a mandatory Stay at Home order was given for Jackson County, Missouri. I kinda knew it was coming, as the world events were showing that it's the only thing that truly "flattens the curve". Even though I knew it was coming, my stomach dropped. I didn't expect that. Hmmmmmm.....

I think we're all (my little corner of the world at least) doing the best we can during something we haven't experienced before. I remember interviewing my Grandparents about the Great Depression as a teenager, and it's always stayed with me. They worked through the depression, but had to conserve resources too. I find it amazing how we're walking into that too. It's bringing to the surface one HUGE emotion in our world...

FEAR.

That breaks my heart and I understand it all at the same time. I can't remember ever struggling to find paper goods. I think that just adds to the sense of panic now. I've really thought about this as the evening has progressed. People are afraid of the virus, I do believe that. Add to that the idea of being forced indoors for 30 days with your family (or in my case, my dog, Jay) and the idea of running out of essentials, such a toilet paper, leads to an overwhelming feeling of "oh my gosh".

So, what can we control? Having enough toilet paper, of course!

I want to encourage all of us though.

I know that we're in a challenging season.

I also know that we can do this!

It could be your faith that gets you through this, or your family, or a friend, or a pet.

I truly believe that if you're alive now, you were chosen to walk through this season.

HE KNEW WE COULD DO THIS! Even this gal who is one of the pickiest eaters ever. *giggle*

I have read the social media posts, we all miss something....

We all miss sports. (Well, a lot of us, I know sports aren't for everyone)

We all miss being able to go to the movies. (When this is over, I plan to go to tons!)

We all miss being able to go to concerts. (Did you know a lot of artists are doing online shows?)

I already miss all of my Sunday School Peeps.

Several of us hate that they had to cancel Barn-A-Break this weekend to keep us all safe. (And that was the right decision)

I think my sister-in-law said it best though, WE ALL MISS OUR NORMAL.

I believe that this mandatory "Stay At Home" will pull us out of this season faster than if they just let us all keep going as if nothing was going on.

I also believe that on the other side of this, we will all be stronger having walked through this season.

I mean, I already see why Granny B. always had gobs of toilet paper stashed away. *giggle*

I will probably have to remind myself of this chant several times in the next 30 days, but if you were in my class you can hear me chant it:

I BELIEVE THAT WE CAN DO IT!

Yes, I re-wrote the "I believe that we will win" chant to fit my classroom. I also feel like we can chant it through this season.

I am praying for all of us through this. (And miss my church family tons)

So let's be safe, do our best, and encourage each other through this time. We may not be able to be near each other, but gosh we can help each other.

AND LET'S WASH OUR HANDS!!!

Hang in there, WE GOT THIS! Don't let the FEAR overtake your FAITH. FAITH will get us through this. Totally!

I BELIEVE THAT WE CAN DO IT!

And yes, I will be praying for ALL OF US as we navigate through the next 30 days.

*grin*
LIFE IS GOOD. Even when it's hard, it's still good. *grin*

No comments: