Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Work From Home, Day 1

Well, here we are, in a Stay at Home season.

I still kinda feel like we're in a movie, some sci-fi hit. *giggle*

Alas, we're simply trying to help "flatten the curve" and stay away from people.

I am blessed though. I mean, I really like the work at home concept.

On March 9th, I was sitting in a workroom at a nearby high school and someone came in the room and said that it was announced that the first CROVID case was in the KC Metro area. Someone else was in the room and she said her daughter worked at Children's Mercy Hospital and they had been having A LOT of meetings preparing or it. Then everyone left the room. I remember taking a moment and praying then & there. I knew something big was coming, but never would have predicted where we are now. In fact, I remember returning to the office after those classes and there was an article in my email about how to work from home. I knew when I read it that I was going to be working from home, even though we were nowhere near that at that time. He was preparing me for today. *grin* I did what the article said, I got up at the regular time, showered and got ready just like usual. I sat down to work earlier than usual (no commute) and was very productive today. The article said to use a separate space for work. That was smart. My TV didn't turn on until after I was totally done working for the day. *grin* I'm thankful for that article. *grin*

So how did it go? I wouldn't want to be like this for the rest of my life BUT I enjoyed working here at home. The commute is my favorite part. *giggle*

And, tonight I had three people text me to check in on me, and none of them are super close with me. I remember smiling as the people checked in on me. I have a good support network. For real.

Okay, time to crash so I can do it all over again tomorrow.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD!

No comments: